Need a good quality whiteboard for your kid’s room or for your latest work project?
We have closely researched numerous reviews and have tested a multitude of whiteboards in order to pick out the best dry erase boards for this year.
Hopefully, we can help you pick out the most suitable whiteboard from one of our top 8 dry erase boards for 2023.
If you want a double-sized writing space on your dry erase board, why not try out the Xboard School office whiteboard? It is easily reversible, so you can just flip it over and keep writing or drawing.
- Large size – 48 x 36 inches of the dry erase, magnetic surface
- No staining or ghosting
- 360-degree rotation of the writing service on the pivot hinge
- 4 locking casters for added portability
- Aluminum frame and stand, and ABS corners
- Convenient removable shelf for markers, erasers, and accessories
- Easy assembly
- Height is not adjustable
This mobile dry erase board can be used on both sides and moved around with ease. It is made of good quality materials and is quite versatile.
- An incredibly smooth white surface
- It comes with a two-way mounting system.
- The package includes 4 markers, 3 erasers, and 12 magnets, and a marker tray.
- Stylish and sturdy anodized aluminum frame
- Long-lasting use
- Not as easy to install as other models
Choose this versatile dry erase board, and you get an entire package of accessories to start writing and organizing!
- Scratch and mark-resistant writing surface for easy reading
- Lightweight and yet sturdy design
- Easy mounting system
- Lifetime replacement warranty
- It comes with markers, magnets, and an eraser.
- You may find the marker included too small to use
This whiteboard has a perfectly smooth and clean surface. It is easy to mount and comes with an amazing lifetime replacement guarantee.
Want a whiteboard that you can smoothly write and draw on? The XBoard Magnetic is possibly the best option available right now.
- Anti-scratch protective surface for smooth writing
- Magnetic surface for organizing
- High-quality aluminum frame, ABS corners safe for children
- A detachable marker tray can be placed on all sides of the board.
- It can be mounted vertically or horizontally.
- Some users have complained that the dimensions advertised were not precise and that the writing surface is actually an inch or so shorter.
This is a very sturdy and great-looking dry erase, board. You can write smoothly on it and erase everything with ease. It is safe for kids, too – no sharp edges.
- Great size 35.8 x 24 inches
- Works with all brands of dry erase markers
- It comes with a 5-year warranty
- Sturdy aluminum frame and round nylon corners
- Detachable marker tray
- Sold with 2 magnets, 1 dry erase marker, and an eraser
- Easy installation
- The tray is not s stable and can come off during use.
This dry erase board is very sturdy, provides an excellent smooth writing surface, and has a 5-year quality guarantee!
- Compact size (17 x 23 inches)
- The smooth magnetic writing surface
- It can be hung in landscape or portrait mode
- Perfect for home use
- It comes with a dry erase marker and magnets
- Not for heavy use
- The wood frame can be scratched easily.
This small dry erase board is superb for home use. It is small, so it won’t take up all your space, and yet you can use it for writing or for organizing things with magnets.
- Small-sized (24 x 18) so it can fit anywhere.
- It can be used in landscape or portrait orientation
- Easy to mount
- Sold with a lifetime guarantee
- The set contains 2 magnetic dry erase markers, 2 magnets, and a magnetic dry eraser.
- It is sold with a protective plastic cover, which could be a hassle to remove properly.
This is a small and very useful whiteboard for home use. It comes in a full set with all materials necessary to get started writing and organizing things.
- Very convenient size 24 x 36 inches
- Easy erasing of all types of dry erase markers
- Convenient 4 corner mounting system for easy and safe installing
- Sturdy aluminum frame
- A marker tray
- It is not magnetic like many other ones.
This is an excellent dry erase board that you can use both at home and at work. It is sturdy, easy to install, and works will all brands of dry erase markers.
How to pick the best whiteboard
It may look like a simple task, as nearly all whiteboards may seem the same to somebody who doesn’t get to use them on a daily basis, but actually picking the best dry erase board does have its specifics.
Here are some of the main features to look for when picking the best whiteboard for your home or office.
This, of course, is the first thing to keep in mind when buying a whiteboard. Do you need it to jot down messages and chores at home, or are you going to be using it for serious business or other presentations? The answer to these questions will help you pick the best model, design, size, and surface type. Sturdier, heavier, and larger dry erase boards are more suitable for professional or for extensive use. For home use, you can pick the lighter and smaller options available.
Readability and erasability
Naturally, the most important function of a whiteboard is its readability. Depending on the size of the room and the purpose, you need to ensure that your whiteboard is visible to everybody involved at all angles and that there is good contrast at all times. Choose a whiteboard with a clear and bright white surface, which is not scratched or dented easily.
Also, opt for a model which is easily and completely erased without any ghost markings left from the previous writing. Get one with a smooth and good quality surface that works with various brands of dry erase markers, so you can ensure that you always have a fresh marker handy and ready for use.
You can choose from a wide variety of designs of whiteboards. It depends on your needs as well as on your preferences. Some are mountable, so they stay static all the time. There are reversible models which you can simply flip over to double your writing space. Also, there are mobile free-standing dry erase boards that come with frames with wheels so you move them around in accordance with your needs at the moment.
Usually, the mountable ones are heavier and sturdier, so they are more suitable for heavy use than the free-standing ones.
Of course, the different whiteboards come with different types of frames. Some are aluminum, others are plastic or wooden. Beware of dry erase boards that have very sharp edges – these could be dangerous, especially if you are buying one for your kids. The safe ones have rounded or special plastic corners. Metal frames are considered to be more modern and sleek, while the classic wooden frames are definitely more formal.
Magnetic or non-magnetic
If you plan on using your whiteboard for writing only, there is no need to consider getting one that is magnetic too. But if you want to use it for organizing stuff and for sticking photos, graphics, and other materials, choosing a model which doubles as a magnetic and as a dry erase board is imperative.
Contemporary whiteboards come in a wide variety of surface textures. Modern whiteboards are typically made of clear glass, but there are also porcelain and the more common melamine varieties.
A porcelain whiteboard’s lifespan is over 6 times greater than that of a melamine whiteboard, making it a more practical option for high-traffic areas and frequent use. Although glass whiteboards are ultra-contemporary and hip, they can be rendered worthless in the absence of a sufficiently contrasting background to make the writing legible.
How many people will be using the whiteboard and how many people will need to see what is written or being presented on it? This is one of the questions you need to ask yourself before picking the proper size for your dry erase board.
Naturally, if you are teaching a class in a large college auditorium, you will need an oversized whiteboard visible to all students. If on the other hand, you are going to be using it to jot down notes and messages at home you can get a smaller and lighter one that can fit on your fridge door, or in a smaller space. Consider the size of the room you will be using the dry erase board in order to get an idea of the size you will need.
Opt for a model which will best serve your needs when it comes to mounting the whiteboard. Is a mounting kit included or do you need to buy it? Do you need to invest in an easel? How easy is it to install? These are all questions which you should ask yourself and the manufacturer before purchasing a dry erase board.
Some of the whiteboards are portable, so they come with wheels and a stand. Others can be turned and mounted in landscape or portrait orientation. Reversible whiteboards have special hooks and hinges to facilitate the process of flipping the board over.
Price and warranty
These are essential factors that are usually decisive when purchasing just about anything. The same goes for whiteboards. Choose one which is within your budget and will have the best ROI in case you are buying it for work.
Also, note that some manufacturers offer lifetime replacement warranties, and other offer years of quality warranty for their whiteboards, which is also something to take into consideration as well before investing your hard-earned cash into a new dry erase board.
Consider whether you want to buy a whiteboard which comes with writing and erasing accessories or others. Some kits include dry erase markers, erasers, magnets, marker storage trays, or grid patterns.
Even though modern technology is overtaking the world and is now commonly used for teaching, presentations and business collaborations, and organizing, whiteboards are still very much in use as well.
It’s a great tool for collaborative projects, research, and students that learn best through visuals.
It’s true that the dry erase board is useful not just at work, but also at home, for keeping track of daily tasks and upcoming appointments.
Because of this, having a dry erase board on hand is a good idea even if such a tool isn’t specifically required for your job.
Pick one from our top 8 list of best dry erase boards now and pretty soon you will see for yourself!
Last update on 2023-07-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API